The Eastlake Police Department Surveillance Camera Registration and Mapping program provides an opportunity for residents and business owners to help officers solve local crimes with the help of video surveillance cameras. With the popular use of surveillance systems in communities, video evidence has frequently helped officers develop leads and conclude investigations.
Participation in this program is voluntary.
How it works
Using the geographic location of registered cameras, Eastlake Police officers will be able to directly contact a registrant to determine if they have helpful recordings, should a crime occur near the registered surveillance system.
To register your exterior video security system, please complete the form below and return it by email or return it in person or by standard mail.
- Registration is voluntary.
- Registration information will be used by the Eastlake Police Department only for official purposes.
- Any footage containing or related to criminal activity may be collected by the Eastlake Police Department for use as evidence during any stage of a criminal proceeding.
- Under no circumstances should registrants construe they are acting as an agent or employee of the City of Eastlake or the Eastlake Police Department.
- If you wish to withdraw from the program, contact the Eastlake Police Department.