The Drug Enforcement Administration will sponsor the 17th “Drug Take Back Day” across the United States from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., April 27.
Lake County law enforcement will host six turn-in sites:
- Lake County Crime Lab at 235 Fairgrounds Road in Painesville Township
- Perry Village Police Department at 3758 Center Road
- Mentor-on-the-Lake Police Department at 5860 Andrews Road
- TriPoint Medical Center at 7590 Auburn Road in Concord Township
- Kirtland Hills Police Department at 8026 Chillicothe Road
- Willowick Police Department at 30435 Lakeshore Blvd.
Residents can bring any expired, unused and unwanted medication for disposal at one of the turn-in locations listed above to take advantage of this free service, according to a news release.
The DEA cannot accept liquids or needles, only pills, patches and gels. Residents are also encouraged to either remove or blacken out their personal information from any prescription labels prior to turn-in, the release stated.
For more information about the proper disposal of prescription drugs or the event, go to www.DEATakeBack.com or call the Lake County Narcotics Agency at 440-350-3333.