Council-As-A-Whole Committee Meeting Minutes from March 28, 2017




MARCH 28, 2017

Council President Ms. DePledge opened the meeting at 7:00 p.m.


Members of Council in attendance were Mr. Zuren, Mr. Meyers, Mr. Kasunick, Mr. Spotton, Mr. Evers, Mr. Hoefle and Council President Ms. DePledge. Also attending was Council Clerk Mrs. Simons.

Those attending from the Administration were Mayor Morley, Fire Chief Whittington, Police Chief Reik, Service Director Rubertino, City Engineer Gwydir and Law Director Klammer. CBO Menn and Finance Director Schindel were absent and excused.

Ms. DePledge: If there is anyone recording this meeting as courtesy to the public will you please identify yourself so that the fellow attendees know that they are being recorded.


There was no Legislation Proposed.

There were no further questions or comments.


There was no Legislation Pending.

There were no further questions or comments.


1.Resolution: To enter into a contract with Hughie’s Event Production Services.

Ms. DePledge: This has to do with the sound system Mayor would you like to talk about this?

Mayor Morley: This is for the stadium and this money will come out of the Crif Fund to pay for the speaker system. Ms. Schindel, Mr. Klammer and I have been talking before…I know that we have had things over the $12, 500.00 thresholds before that we didn’t come to Council.  I think that Ms. Schindel wants to come to Council on this because the Crif money.  It comes from the taxing of the tickets not through us but I think that it is cleaner for us to go through Council on this and that is what we have decided to do.  It is replacing the speaker system that was supposed to be replaced last year.

Ms. DePledge: We will need a Motion to add it to this evenings agenda and it will be Legislation No. 03-28-(01).

 2. Conditional Use Permit: For outside storage to Keith Andrykovitch d/b/a Fire Station Parking/Storage.

Mayor Morley: It was heard in the Planning Commission last week and we moved it forward. We had a little glitch this week that Mr. Klammer and the title company handled to…actually we were still on the deed from 2005. When we sold it back in 2005 and we ended up expediting that to get it changed.

Ms. DePledge: It wasn’t the city’s property anymore.

Mayor Morley: It the city’s property at one time and in 2005 we sold it to Mr. Hamm and they bought it through them. When they did the title search they found that and Mr. Klammer and I worked through that last week.

Mr. Klammer: The permanent parcel had three legal descriptions and only two were included in the prior deed so we hashed it.

Ms. DePledge: So it’s not city property that was sold and there is no money coming to the city for that, because we weren’t supposed to be on the deed anymore.

Mr. Klammer: We weren’t on the deed no matter how you cut it. But it had that third deed description on there.

 3. Ordinance: To reappropriate for the expenses beginning on January 1, 2017 and ending on December 31, 2017.

Mayor Morley: Ms. Schindel left me an email to discuss the change in the budget is from the non-payroll and it is a zero effect on the total budget. It does not increase the payroll paid out in 2017 from 2016. The change in the deposit results from an insurance program. The insurance company sent us $20,000.00 and we are not in the program. So they sent a percentage of the claim of fire of the city in order to protect the city and to ensure the work is done and the permits are pulled. It prevents the person filing the claim from receiving insurance proceeds and walking away from the property. Leaving the city to clean up and pay for the damage. Ms. Schindel has talked with Mr. Menn and when he gets back from vacation we will send some legislation over so we can get into that program. They sent the money and we had to send it back. Ms. Schindel put it in and she now has to put it back out. If you have any questions just give her a call?

Ms. DePledge: We will need a Motion to add it and it will be Legislation No. 03-28-(03).

4. Resolution: To enter into and agreement with International Association of Fire Fighters, Local 2860.

Mayor Morley: As we discussed in Executive Session at the last meeting we have a tentative agreement with the Fire Union. The Fire Union voted to accept and I have sent you the final version and we are asking for you to pass it tonight. So that we can sign off with the Fire Union.

Ms. DePledge: We will need a Motion to add it to this evening’s agenda and it will be Legislation No. 03-28-(04).

5. Liquor License Permit: To 35652 Vine St., LLC, d/b/a Quickys Drive Thru at 35652 Vine St., Eastlake, OH.

Mayor Morley: I did not hear any issues from the Police.

Ms. DePledge: We will need a Motion to add it to this evening’s agenda.

There were no further questions or comments.

Taking place at this time was the Chagrin River Yacht Club 50 year Recognition.

The meeting was adjourned at 7: 06 p.m.



APPROVED: ________________

DATE: __________________

Back to top