Council-As-A-Whole Committee Meeting Minutes from December 20, 2016








DECEMBER 20, 2016




Council President Ms. DePledge opened the meeting at 7:00 p.m. 




Ms. DePledge: If there is anyone recording this meeting as courtesy to the public will you please identify yourself so that the fellow attendees know that they are being recorded. 






Members of Council in attendance were Mr. Zuren, Mr. Meyers, Mr. Kasunick, Mr. Spotton, Mr. Evers, Mr. Hoefle and Council President Ms. DePledge. Also attending was Council Clerk Mrs. Simons. 




Those attending from the Administration were Mayor Morley, City Engineer Gwydir, Finance Director Schindel and Law Director Klammer.  Fire Chief Whittington, Police Chief Reik, CBO Menn and Service Director Rubertino were absent and excused.






There was no Legislation Proposed.




There were no further questions or comments.






There was no Legislation Pending.




There were no further questions or comments.






Ordinance: To temporarily appropriate for the expenses beginning on January 1, 2017 and ending on December 31, 2017.


Ms. DePledge: We will need a Motion to add this to this evening’s agenda and if approved it will be Legislation No.:12-20-(01).


Ordinance: To reappropriate for the expenses beginning on January 1, 2016 and ending on December 31, 2016.


Ms. DePledge: We will need a Motion to add this to the agenda and it will be Legislation No.: 12-20-(02)   Ms. Schindel would you like to address either of these expense issues?




Ms. Schindel: The temporary appropriate for 2017 is a flat percentage of the current year’s numbers.  It is not the whole year it is just a certain percentage in order that we may meet payroll.  And so that we may be able to do things such as Workers Compensation, Salt or whatever we might for the first two months of the year.  Sometime in February or March we will go through the entire budget.  We will have the hearings on but for now we need to be able to continue to operate until we do so.  As for the re-appropriation of 2016 there were several places where there were significant…where we didn’t meet the revenue projections.  So we had to make cuts in those funds and that is what you are seeing in this re-appropriation.  It is all of the cuts that we had to make to those funds, because we didn’t bring in the revenue that we had expected.




Ms. DePledge: Are there any questions for Ms. Schindel?  We will add those items to the agenda later.




There were no further questions or comments.




The meeting was adjourned at 7:03 p.m.









APPROVED:  ________________




 DATE: __________________


Back to top